Karmod Nigeria is Nigeria’s leading prefab technology company in Nigeria. The company has been in business for 10 years and urgently needs the services of a Legal/Contracts Manager.
The Role – Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of Karmod Nigeria’s Legal Department, this role will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, structuring, interpreting, executing, and/or administering contractual documents for the company.
The Legal Contracts Manager
- Identifies business objectives of direct sales / licensing / consulting transactions, related issues, and facilitates risk/benefit analysis.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates major account agreements, consulting agreements, special licensing, non-disclosure agreements, terms and amendments for customers.
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Drafts, manages, distributes, responds to, or analyzes RFIs, RFPs, RFQs or customer terms & conditions as needed.
- Maintains a deep understanding of Karmod contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations;
- Interprets contracts and advises sales / consulting managers on contractual responsibilities;
- Translates complex commercial/legal scenarios into simple language and action plans.
- Manage HR (all staff related) issues such as complaints, recommendations etc. within the company
The successful candidate will
- Be qualified as a lawyer in Nigeria with good academic credentials
- Have at least 5 years relevant professional experience preferably as a lawyer in private practice or in a similar role in-house
- Be fluent in English
- Demonstrate good drafting and negotiation skills in English;
- Be able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to communicate efficiently and work with staff at all levels of seniority
- Be able to work independently without supervision
The right candidate will be offered a competitive salary package commensurate with the responsibilities of this role and their skill level and experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume to email@example.com.
Subject of your email should be “LEGAL/CONTRACTS MANAGER”